For years, Rupa has specialised in the production of muesli bars, with its later portfolio also including protein and nut bars. The visual impact on retail shelves and counters is enhanced by colorful digital packaging from THIMM Packaging, the parent company of Christiansen Print.
Rupa’s packaging for its Somerset Super Nutty Bars brand was originally printed with offset technology, but Rupa needed a better solution to efficiently manage its supply chain. High-quality digital printing with water-based ink now provides the optimal solution for short-run versions of shelf-ready-packaging (SRP) packaging for Somerset Super Nutty Bars. Somerset’s brand team was happy with HP’s high-quality water-based inks, which do not emit odors like some UV inks.
Additional unique attributes of this project include:
- Digitally printed shelf ready packaging (SRP) with perforated box front for shipping & retail
- Ability to switch shelf-packaging to a counter display with a topper
- Impressive presentation of brand thanks to high-quality digital printed packaging
- Flexibility for easy and rapid change of printing designs and limited editions
- High-quality digital print without wavy patterns
- Ecological aspects / sustainability
- Simple recycling of corrugated cardboard